Bhubaneswar: The Office of the Special Commissioner for Relief (SRC) clarified on Thursday the weekend closing times to be applied in all urban areas of Odisha from April 24.
Responding to some questions from the media, the SRC said the Friday night curfew would continue until 5 a.m. on Saturday and that the weekend closure would be in effect until Monday morning thereafter. The restrictions will continue from Friday evening to Monday morning (5 a.m.).
The weekend closure, initially imposed in 10 districts bordering Chhattishgarh, has been extended to the entire urban area to break the chain of infection by limiting movement of people.
During the weekend shutdown, all medical facilities, including hospitals, clinics, nursing homes and medicine stores, will remain open and the movement of ambulances and all medical personnel will be allowed.
The other exemptions are as follows:
• District and city administration / police / fire brigade movement
• Central government and state officials on emergency service
• Telecommunications services
• Fuel pumps
• Distribution of LPG, home delivery of cooking gas and associated installations, associated personnel and vehicle traffic
• Print and electronic media identified by the district police station / police
• Water supply, sanitation and sewer workers
• Supply and distribution of electricity
• Movement of goods and freight carriers, whether loaded or unloaded
• Industrial establishments, factories and construction activities
• Agriculture, horticulture, fishing, animal husbandry, veterinary services and related activities, including mandis purchases.
• Service sector, including IT / IT, hotel and hotel units, including movement of staff and associated personnel.
• Rail and air traffic
• Road transport on motorways, road traffic of vehicles in transit
• Circulation of public transport, private vehicles and taxis to and from airports, train stations and bus terminals / stops / stands to facilitate the movement of passengers by air, rail and road.
• Weddings and funerals with the permission of the local authority
• ATMs and critical financial institutions such as RBI, clearing houses
• Operation of airports, railway stations, bus stations and their associated movements of personnel and activities
• Home delivery of food, groceries, vegetables and essentials to restaurants and aggregators like Zomato and Swiggy.
• Dhabas along national and national highways / main roads take out only
• Bunch of milk. and related activities
• Food and grocery stores such as Reliance Fresh, Big Bazaar, Chilika Fresh and others for home delivery only
• Newsagents between 5 am and 8 am only.